Championing Professional Recognition
The opportunity for individuals who already work or wish to work in the Events Sector to gain professional recognition, enhance their profile, skills and knowledge, and make global connections.
The Institute provides a route to:
- professional recognition
- supportingÂ individuals seeking to develop their skills and knowledge
- supporting employers to develop the skills and knowledge of their employees
- accrediting existing courses
- a fresh approach to learning supported by a body of knowledge
- resources for continuing professional development
The Institute will:
- champion the profession of event management
- raise awareness of the role of event professionals worldwide
- support employers in providing real-time information and resources with appropriate continuing professional development programmes to meet their needs
- provide a forum for debate on future knowledge and skills needs
- champion the Apprenticeship model
- work with teams of professionals across all disciplinesÂ toÂ provide continuingÂ development
The Institute of Event Management has been constituted as a ânot for profitâ company limited by guarantee. Its Board of Directors comes from all parts of the Meetings and Events Industry.
Membership of the Institute of Event Management will be open to individuals and organisations internationally.