What is a data paper?
A âData Paperâ is:
- Usually short, is linked with and describes one or more datasets
- Foccused on the data rather than conclusions
- Captures experimental and/or analytical methodologies (data provenance)
- Allows publication of negative results (avoids needless duplication)
- Is an aid to reproducibility (traditional papers increasingly contain insufficient detail)
- Data and data papers tend to be Open Access
CRITICALLY: Data Papers contribute to making research and research data more FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable)
Why use data2paper?
Data2paper is a cloud-based application to automate the process of compiling and submitting a data paper to a journal without the researcher having to leave the research space or wrestle directly with the journalâs submission system.
Metadata from your repository dataset is transfered to Data2paper and is available in your dashboard as a data paper. Visit the data paper entry, select a journal, compose the data paper, upload it and submit it to the journal